USB Protected Samples - Cannot Transfer to PA5X

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
kmatheou

USB Protected Samples - Cannot Transfer to PA5X

Post by kmatheou »

This is the situation. I have had a PA4X for 7-8 years love it... I would like to use many of the sounds and styles on the PA4x on my new PA5X...

I have sounds that I bought a wile back that need a USB key lock to be on the PA4X for the samples to work.. OK.. Now I created a scaled down version of teh sounds and styles in the KPM 3.3v... when I look i the Sample Manager. I notice that some samples are locked. I put my USB key in the computer that has the KPM software, but things do not get unlocked.

Next thing I trued is to save the set with the identified but locked samples, and transfer them to a PA5X format, per the import instructions for the PA5x. What happens is I get an error - forgot the name.... I have tried have the USB key in the PA5X while the import occurred and without.. I still get an import error.

My question is... Can I import files into the PA5x while locked? Or do they have to be unlocked first? How do I do that with the USB key? Or am I just sol ?

Thanks,

Taki
Admin
Site Admin

Re: USB Protected Samples - Cannot Transfer to PA5X

Post by Admin »

Hello,

The PA Manager does NOT unlock the samples even if you do have the USB connected to the PC.

The problem is, the PA5X does NOT support & import locked samples.
In other words, there is no way to get 4X locked SETs to work on a PA5X.
tasdiastello

Post by tasdiastello »

also can someone please tell how to connect my pa5x to the korg pa manager so i can edit styles and sound ..thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

tasdiastello wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 11:38 also can someone please tell how to connect my pa5x to the korg pa manager so i can edit styles and sound ..thanks
Hi,

Why are you not creating a New Topic, but rather post in to random posts that are not related to your question?
Next time please post as a new topic.

As for the question, you do not connect PA Manager with the keyboard. It is used externally.
Please go through the Tutorials to find out more: www.korgpamanager.com/tutorials