Delete unused and uplicate sounds

Share SETs & Discussion about KORG PA4X / PA700 /PA1000
MusicLover400

Delete unused and uplicate sounds

Post by MusicLover400 »

Hi,
I just purchased KPM4.1 to save me time managing files on PA1000, before I did everything manually which was time consuming. KPM4.1 is good in finding
Unlinked samples, unused sounds and duplicate sounds, but doesn't have tools to clean up these files to save memory, there is no manual and the videos doesn't spell out the process or workflow as to how to clean up these files. Someone in this forum may have figured it out already that can help me:
What is the best way to delete Duplicate sounds ? and how to remap if it is used by a style?
How to delete unlinked samples and unused sounds?

Regards
Al
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Delete unused and uplicate sounds

Post by Admin »

Hello,

Take a look at the following Video on how to fix Unreferenced Samples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU4reAI7Eo0

For unused Sounds, you can run & create REPORTS that would list you all the unused sounds, but it's down to the user to find & Manually Delete those.
The tools are there to clean up unused sounds / samples, however, they're just not automatic. It's up to the User to do the clean up, which is simply locating the sound(s), right click>Delete.
MusicLover400

Post by MusicLover400 »

Thank you for quick reply, I will delete them manually, but wondering about the reason why the software is not doing it automatically , because who wants to keep
unused, unlinked sounds? it should be easy for the software to delete them since it can find them already, why not give users an option to click and delete them.
as far as duplicates go, it is a different issue since it requires remapping of styles.

Best,

Al
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Perhaps, we could have an option in the future to ask the user about automatic deletion of unused sounds.