Korg PA MANAGER V3 Upgrade

General discussions related to KORG PA Manager.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Korg PA MANAGER V3 Upgrade

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Please get in touch via the Live Chat on the website to fix the Mac issue.
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,
I sent you an email yesterday regarding V3 Upgrade and I just wanted to know if you received it.
I sent it through Contact page of your website.

Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Not that I can see of. Perhaps try again or can you try sending it via your own email client please.
BRK

Post by BRK »

Admin wrote:Hi,

Not that I can see of. Perhaps try again or can you try sending it via your own email client please.
Done.
Email sent today via my own email client.
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,
First, I just wanted to thank you to help me to install V3 on my iMac.

Second, after trying to merge a style from one Set to another Set, I got an error message, see please screen shot.
What I did when I got the Error message:
I just right click on a style from a set > Copy.
Paste to an empty slot to another set (got the error message at this step).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 2.36.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 2.36.19 PM.png (70.95 KiB) Viewed 33181 times
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Can you please send me that Style to check if it's corrupt.
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,

Before sending my set please read my report.
Here is the Report of Korg Pa Manager V3 Upgrade after spending some hours for merging some styles to my A.SET.
In my report, in order to facilitate the explanation and communication I am going to name the sets.

A.SET = this is my main set that I use regularly twice a week for a year and half on my gigs without any problem.
B.SET = this is the set that I want to take some styles from it and merge them to A.SET.
C.SET = this is the final set after completing merging styles.

Report of V3 Upgrade:
1- It's very slow (Style Manager) from clicking on Style Manager until it opens the window to choose a set folder.

2- It did freeze on Copy/Paste from one set to another.

3- Very Important: After trying several times and getting the above error message I saved the merged set to a C.SET and I load it into my Pa4x but I noticed it erased/deleted all Users DK (all 16 pages) from my A.SET and it did not copied the UDK from other B.SET into C.SET.
I found all slot Empty.

4- The OS in my Pa4X is 1.2.1, never upgraded not tried to version 2. When I first opened the A.SET, it detected as OS v1.2 but later after closing the Korg Pa Manger and tried it again, a window pups up and asked me the destination Pa version with two OS options, OS v1 and OS v2.
Obviously I would choose OS v1 BUT it only let me to choose OS v2. Not possible to choose OS v1.

See screen shot
Regards
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 10.13.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 10.13.59 PM.png (24.69 KiB) Viewed 33147 times
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hello,

Report of V3 Upgrade:
1- It's very slow (Style Manager) from clicking on Style Manager until it opens the window to choose a set folder.
-That's something dependant on your Mac speed.

-That's something dependant on the SET/Style.

3- Very Important: After trying several times and getting the above error message I saved the merged set to a C.SET and I load it into my Pa4x but I noticed it erased/deleted all Users DK (all 16 pages) from my A.SET and it did not copied the UDK from other B.SET into C.SET.
I found all slot Empty.
-You saved the SET as a NEW SET right? And didn't overwrite over the existing one?
Also check the SET again with the SOUND Manager to make sure if the DK's exist.
From what I gather, the SET contains 4X OS V2 sounds, but your OS is 1.2.1 So the 4X perhaps didn't load any of the DKs.

4- The OS in my Pa4X is 1.2.1, never upgraded not tried to version 2. When I first opened the A.SET, it detected as OS v1.2 but later after closing the Korg Pa Manger and tried it again, a window pups up and asked me the destination Pa version with two OS options, OS v1 and OS v2.
Obviously I would choose OS v1 BUT it only let me to choose OS v2. Not possible to choose OS v1.
-So here you've copied something from another SET that was for the OS V2 so that's why it's detecting it as OS V2.
BRK

Post by BRK »

Admin wrote:Hello,

Report of V3 Upgrade:
-That's something dependant on your Mac speed.
I don't think so. I give the specification of my iMac as a screen shot and you will see that my iMac is fast enough for running the Korg Pa Manager.
I run with the same iMac the software like Logic Pro X with using VST, Cubase LE 8, Sibelius and Photoshop 6 without any problem.

Specification of my iMac:
OSX: Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.6
iMac: 21.5 inch, Mid 2011
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 24 GB RAM memory
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
HD: 500GB

-That's something dependant on the SET/Style.
Could you explain more in detail what exactly would be the reason in SET/Style for freezing the Korg Pa Manager but not freezing the Pa4X when loading the same set and working without any problem.

I found all slot Empty.
-You saved the SET as a NEW SET right? And didn't overwrite over the existing one?
Yes I saved the SET as a NEW SET.

Also check the SET again with the SOUND Manager to make sure if the DK's exist.
From what I gather, the SET contains 4X OS V2 sounds, but your OS is 1.2.1 So the 4X perhaps didn't load any of the DKs.
If you are talking about A.SET (which I use for one year and half made with OS v1.2.1), then of course all DK's exist.
If you are talking about the B.SET, I have loaded and test in my Pa4X (OS v 1.2.1) and of course all DK's exist and they play correctly.

-So here you've copied something from another SET that was for the OS V2 so that's why it's detecting it as OS V2.
If you read carefully my previous statement no 4, I clearly explain that the problem is with my A.SET (my working set that I use every day) when opened in Korg Pa Manager, it is detected as OS v2 and it is made in OS v1.2.1 and working with it for about a year and half.

Please fix these bugs because I waited longtime for the previous bugs to be fixed and I couldn’t use the Korg Pa Manager for my projects.
This time I upgraded to V3 Upgrade with the hope that I am getting a working version of the Korg Pa Manager.

With all due respect.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 11.07.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 11.07.18 AM.png (21.31 KiB) Viewed 33128 times
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Please get in touch with the Live Chat so we can resolve this there and then.