pads

General discussions related to KORG PA Manager.
bodx

pads

Post by bodx »

Is there anything wrong with the pad manager? When I save the pads on my keyboard (pa600) to my PC and then open them in PA manager, they are not the same. For instance; in the HIT banks on my keyboard, I have loaded drum sequences. PA manager stubbornly tells me that I have the original HIT pads when I don't. also, what is all that nonsense about remapping pads? why is that necessary? At the moment, all I can load without any problems is 10 banks and they don't load in the correct banks. Why won't PA manager simply work correctly and show the pads that I have on my keyboard in the correct places. I have tried deleting and reloading the program but it makes no difference. Any suggestions please. Also, I had to re-register because PA manager refused to accept my original registration, although my user name and password are exactly the same. It is as if PA manager lost my original registration. Very annoying.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: pads

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Factory PAD Banks are not customizeable unless you untick the Factory Lock setting from the keyboard, which is what you might have done.
The PA Manager only works with USER PADs and Ignores any Factory settings, which is why it isn't picking any of your modifications in the Factory PAD Banks. You should save your custom PADs to the PAD USER area and then you will see the changes.
also, what is all that nonsense about remapping pads?
It may be nonsense to yourself, but very crucial to others! There people that deal with User Sampled Sounds that require remapping sounds when importing from other SETs.

Also, I had to re-register because PA manager refused to accept my original registration, although my user name and password are exactly the same. It is as if PA manager lost my original registration. Very annoying.
The registration has nothing to do with your Windows Username & Password. If you've reinstalled Windows then you would have to re-register just like any other software.
bodx

Post by bodx »

When I registered for PA Manager originally, I could login to the PA manager forum. When I tried to login yesterday, I could not login to the forum. I had to re-register, and I used the same password and user name that I used originally. That suggests to me that PA manager somehow lost my original registration. I have not re-installed windows. I only re-installed PA manager because PA manager did not correctly show the pads on my keyboard. On the pa600 there are 38 banks for pads, making a total of 1216 available slots. are you saying that only 10 banks are customisable? The reason That I say nonsense is because, When I try to load all my pads into PA manager, it wants me to remap and overwrite everything after the first 10 banks. Is there any way I can load all 38 banks into PA manager correctly, and produce a report showing all my pads in the correct places? Thank you. Also, for months now, PA manager has been saying new tutorial videos are coming soon (pads etc.). How soon is soon? Incidentally, I paid full price for this software. PA manager Administration appears to be a little over sensitive to any criticism. I think my criticism is reasonable.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

I see that you were referring to the FORUM Registration rather than the PA Manager itself.
Yes, a few weeks ago, quite a few users got accidentally deleted due to some issues and it seems your account was one of them. sorry.

This was notified in the News & Updates section.
On the pa600 there are 38 banks for pads, making a total of 1216 available slots. are you saying that only 10 banks are customisable?
Yes, Factory Banks are not accounted, except USER Banks. [at least this is the case for now]
The reason That I say nonsense is because, When I try to load all my pads into PA manager, it wants me to remap and overwrite everything after the first 10 banks.
Once again, mis-understanding. You are referring to re-mapping when you LOAD Pads, where as in the previous post I thought you were referring to the Re-Map button, next to the SOUND SELECT button.
Anyhow, You are seeing that remap dialog because, in your .SET\PAD Folder, you have other files other than the sequence of USER01.PAD / USER01.PAD etc.. etc.. These must be your Factory Banks named as BANK01.pad?

If you actually 'temporarily' remove, the BANK01 sequences and only leave the STANDARD USER01/02/03 etc.. files, you will see that next time you load, the PAD Manager will not show that dialog.

The other Tutorials, have been put on hold since, very soon version 2 will be released. So there wasn't point in creating tutorials for v1, when v2 is around the corner. Once v2 is out, there will be full tutorials.
bodx

Post by bodx »

Thank you for your reply.
bodx

Post by bodx »

Now that Version 2 is out, has anything changed as far as pads are concerned, or can we still only load ten banks at a time? Thank you for any information.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

PAD Manager, currently still handles USER Pads only.