Bug sound already exists

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
valimaties

Bug sound already exists

Post by valimaties »

Hi.
Related to my feature request about Style voice list I found a bug about existing voices.
I took a style from right part and displayed the size, which shows me all used sounds by that style. Two of the sounds appears as already in my KST, so, I've searched the sounds which application saids that are already in my KST, and seems the size of the sounds are different and I show you:

Style sound report:

Sax Nai voice in my KST (the only one with this name):

Kit Probat @ (twice, but I made pictures to both, because one of them contains more characters in the name, so to be sure I made pictures to both):

So, let's see:

Sax Nai from the KST having the style I want to copy has a size of 1.55. My only one Sax Nai sound it has uppercase name, has a size of 1.62, which means that probably is not the same sound and probably it sounds different, I don't know that.

Kit Probat @ I will take only that whit the same name, as long as both in my KST has the same size, maybe different settings (?!) I don't know. The same name with propper case, but mine has 2.55MB and the one from the KST I want to copy has only 1.84MB.

So, my question is how do you check for "existing in your SET" column, only by name or check for a hash? Because only by name is not relevant, could be different sounds even if they have the same name.

More than that, after I copyied the style, using the full options to copy all the voices, and pads, and all things, I went to my SAX NAI sound and used option to display where this sound is used, and it was found in the style I copied, which is not good. Is using my voice not the voice from the KST I copied the style, which sounds different.
However, when I run "Search for where this sound is used" function for the Kit Probat @ sound, it was not found in my copied style, and I made this search for both Kits I put screenshots above. Which made me think that the copied style has other Kit used. I've saved the KST with the copied style in it. And loaded in the right part to see the report with the size the copied style.

And here is the result: Kit Probat @ was replaced by AD M.Kit 44 (In the right part is original style, in the left is one from my KST, after style was copied)

As you can see, some of the voices was changed in the copied style, the new voices has other sizes, even some other names. Why this is happening?
I've also notice of some inconsistencies in PADs, as they does not anymore plays the corect sounds, it has the names, but the wave samples are different, not anymore what it has to be... This means a wrong saving or parsing of the initial data for the KST?

BTW: there is a misspelling for KST:
1. When you load a KST in the right part, the "Load " button in the right up corner display "Load SET", instead of "Load KST".
2. Style sound report displays "Exists in your SET" instead of "Exists in your KST".
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bug sound already exists

Post by Admin »

Hi,

The SAX NAI is the same sound already available within your KST. The size difference can be due to 2 factors.
1. If there are compressed samples in one KST and not the other.
2. If the samples contain DUPLICATE sample. So KPM only copies one sample and references it twice, rather than copying over 2 duplicate samples, to save space. (This is the most probably version of events)

The same applies for the Kit Probat @ and Kit Probat @ 3. These are identical sounds, using identical samples, HOWEVER, the only difference is that one may have slightly different parameters and settings.

I think it would be better than we do a remote connection so that we can go over the KSTs in Realtime and analyse what really is happening when things are being copied over.
Best to get in touch via our LIVE CHAT on the webpage and we'll take it from there.