KPM on multiple monitors [RESOLVED]

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
valimaties

KPM on multiple monitors [RESOLVED]

Post by valimaties »

Hi.
I have a PC configuration with two monitors. My left monitor is set as primary monitor and the one from the right is set as secondary monitor. When KPM starts it will automatically starts on primary monitor. If I move the window to the secondary monitor and load some set (KST or SET) the loading screen will move to primary monitor. Also, when the loading process will finnish, the main screen will move to primary monitor. Could you make something to remember the position in screens?

Regards,
Vali
Admin
Site Admin

Re: KPM on multiple monitors

Post by Admin »

Hi,

That's something we can look in to.
valimaties

Post by valimaties »

Hi.
There was three updates from this request but the windows are still going to position strange on multiple monitors. Any news for this issue?

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Those were some critical updates that we were focusing on.

From now onwards, we can start implementing towards new features and requests.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As of v5.0.1311+ this has now been implemented to remember the lest window position.
valimaties

Re: KPM on multiple monitors [RESOLVED]

Post by valimaties »

Hi.
It does not work.
Example:
I've started the app, its automatically starts on primary monitor. I moved the window to secondary screen and tried to load a KST. The loading screen opened in Primary screen, not in secondary screen, and if I tried to move the loading screen from primary to secondary it is freezeng and it opened a secondary loading KST window in primary screen. When I tried to close one of them, the app closed/crushed. I don't know why... So there is a bug.

Regards,
Vali
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,
The app will always start on the PRIMARY Monitor. Moving the MAIN window would have no affect. only the KST/Set/Sample Manager window positions are remembered.

Example:
Start the App. Click on the NEW SET. Move app window to 2nd monitor and load a SET.
Once the SET is loaded the window remains on monitor 2.
valimaties

Post by valimaties »

That means you don't understand how this "remember" setting must work. This does not happend as you explain in any standalone application in the world.
The main window tells the others windows where to be displayed based on its position on the screens.
It is very annoying that loading window is displaying in a screen, the other windows are in another screen. If I move the main window in second screen all childs must be displayed in second screen, not in primary one. THIS is how it must work, otherwise is in vain everything you made.

And you said it is not a bug, but why two same windows are displayed? Or you didn't read all my post?

Cheers.
valimaties

Post by valimaties »

Oooohhh... This is almost perfect, congrats. Now in the new version 1327 all windows remains in second screen, as it should be.
However, there is still an anoying movement of some screens as I show in this video, the parent window sticks to left margin of the screen when the child window closes:

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

hmmm Strange behaviour. We'll look in to it. Is your second monitor a different size/ration to your main one ?