Pa Manager crash (Version 2.1.2315) [RESOLVED] v2.2+

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
BRK

Pa Manager crash (Version 2.1.2315) [RESOLVED] v2.2+

Post by BRK »

Hi,
Updated to the last Version 2.1.2315.
In Style Manager, after remapping the sounds, click on close > "Do you want to save the changes". As soon as I click on Yes, it crashes and Windows error displays.
Please see screen shot.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (27.49 KiB) Viewed 28822 times
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pa Manager crash (Version 2.1.2315)

Post by Admin »

Hmmm... interesting. It's not crashing here. Nor has anyone else reported it yet. Will take a look in to it.
Does it always crash or sometimes?

Also again, please post problem in the BUGS & Errors section of the Forum, not here!!!

I will move the thread over.
BRK

Post by BRK »

Nor has anyone else reported it yet.
So I am the first one to report... :!:
Does it always crash or sometimes?
Yes, it always crashes as soon as I click on Yes to "Changes have been made. Save Style?" and I get the error message.
Please see 2 screen-shots.
Regards.
Attachments
screen shot-1.JPG
screen shot-1.JPG (73.59 KiB) Viewed 28822 times
screen shot-2.JPG
screen shot-2.JPG (79.48 KiB) Viewed 28822 times
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi Rasoul,
So I am not the only one having this issue. By the way I use Windows 7 too.
Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Does it crash with every SET? Everytime?

It doesn't crash here so I can't replicate the error. But I'll keep exploring this to see what can be the problem.
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,
I have only one set and the same Set did not crash before updating to (Version 2.1.2315) in Remapping step.
Regards.
rasoul

Post by rasoul »

OK. I try to assemble two of my older sets from Pa1x for my pa800. I think the file formats are the same. So the Pa Manger takes only 64 MB ram for pa800 (instead 32 MB for pa1x) into account. I can import the styles and add them to the current set by copy and paste. In Sound Manager I can then add the relevant Sounds for imported styles and join them to the tracks by Remap button. It works fine as well. When I now try to save the Sound file, so the Pa Manger crashes, with the error report as mentioned. I've then tried to map the sounds on my Keyboard. But by pa800 it's not possible to map to Variation different sounds. I can send you two sets, with this problem, so you could test it and hopefully fix the problem.

Kind Regards
Rasoul
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Rasoul,

Please zip and www.wetransfer.com the SETs for me to have a look.

Could you also do write up a STEP BY STEP instruction as to what you did, so that I can replicate exactly the same moves to see If the same problem happens here?

Thanks
BRK

Post by BRK »

Rasoul wrote:
I can import the styles and add them to the current set by copy and paste. In Sound Manager I can then add the relevant Sounds for imported styles and join them to the tracks by Remap button. It works fine as well. When I now try to save the Sound file, so the Pa Manger crashes, with the error report as mentioned.
The steps I do, are exactly like Rasoul, the crash happens when I want to save the Remapping changes. With the difference that the Target keyboard for me is Korg PA900.
Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

No, Rasoul's problem is saving with the SOUND Manager. Your problem is when saving the STYLE Properties.