problem moving sound to bank 2

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
mark035

problem moving sound to bank 2

Post by mark035 »

I have a Pa600QT which comes with some user sounds already preloaded in user bank 1, I'm trying to load some new sounds but they are created for user 1 sound bank, and since I don't want to override the user 1 sounds, I used PA manager to move those new sounds to user 2, saved that set and loaded it to the keyboard. All the new sounds loaded to user 2 and work just fine however the sounds in user 1 stopped working (no sound), any ideas?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: problem moving sound to bank 2

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Next time please post such topics within our Bugs & Errors Section.

A) PA600QT Generally has it's files encrypted. Although the PA Manager supports all PA Series, the 3X Oriental and 600 QT are not fully supported. Might be something to do with that.

B) Since User 2 Sounds seem to be working then I guess some link with User 1 is broken somewhere.

Perhaps you can upload the SET for a closer examination?
mark035

Post by mark035 »

May I suggest adding a warning on the homepage of this site to let customers know that the pa600qt is not fully supported, that would have been a very helpful piece of information for me to know before buying the software specially that the demo version doesn't allow you to save so you can't tell if a certain SET would work on the keyboard or not.
I couldn't upload the SET due to 1 mb size limitation.
Thanks for your help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

There are many warnings all over if you read closely.
Perhaps our FAQ page is the best place for this: Which Keyboard Models does KORG PA Manager Support?

Just had a look at the SET and I can confirm that the FACTORY.SET is encrypted! The PA Manager also shows a warning and tells you that this is an encrypted Set. Do you not get that warning message?
Try loading the SET with the SAMPLE Manager? PCM Manager? Even SOUND Manager, when merging it shows a message?

Sadly, it's a PA600 QT Problem. Things get encrypted and are not standard PA files.
mark035

Post by mark035 »

With all due respect, that warning wasn't there just a few days ago before I bought the software because I read all the FAQ's before buying and it wasn't there but even if it was, that's not the most visible location to have it, it needs to be on the front page and readily visible by visitors rather than hidden in the FAQ.
and no, for whatever reasons, I don't get any warning messages when I open the factory.SET
mark035

Post by mark035 »

and I wasn't even trying to make changes to the factory.SET, all I wanted to do is use Korg PA manager on the piano.SET which is unprotected and unlock to move the sounds from user1 to user2 so that it doesn't overlap the factory.SET but it didn't work for that purpose.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

It's always been in our FAQ [which is where it should be?] or even Video Tutorials.
and I wasn't even trying to make changes to the factory.SET, all I wanted to do is use Korg PA manager on the piano.SET which is unprotected and unlock to move the sounds from user1 to user2 so that it doesn't overlap the factory.SET but it didn't work for that purpose.
In the Piano.SET, sounds are already on USER2? And I can move them around to User1/3/4 etc..
Factory.SET sounds are in USER1. So nothing to overlap?

There is no problem with normal SETs. It's only encrypted SET's, that cannot be mixed/saved with normal ones.
mark035

Post by mark035 »

The original piano.SET was using usr1 so if I load the original it will overwrite the factory usr1 set, I created the piano.SET I sent you using PA manager and moved the sounds from usr1 to usr2 so yes the sounds are in fact in usr2 but when I load it to the keyboard the names will appear in usr2 but the sounds are all messed up, if I load the original set to usr1 and overwrite the factory set all the piano sounds will work fine, so that's the problem I'm having.
I'm not trying to edit an encrypted set or combine it with a normal set at all, I just want the piano set to work in usr2.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Ok, so the PIANO.SET is already a saved out version from KORG PA Manager.
When you check the MultiSamples with the PA Manager, it all seems fine? All sounds/samples are mapped correctly.

When you say 'all sounds are messed up' can you elaborate please? What exactly is messed up?
mark035

Post by mark035 »

if I open the multisamples in pa manager and that piano diagram, and hit each key they all sound fine, is that what you meant?
If I load this set to the keyboard they all sound the same, a very muffed sound almost like an electric piano, so it's not just a volume problem.