No Reference to Sample in PCM [resolved]

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
BRK

No Reference to Sample in PCM [resolved]

Post by BRK »

Hi,
I want to add a Style from one set to another set. I've already copied/saved the style in the destination style folder. And then I try to merge the related User/UDK. I precise that these 2 sets work perfectly when they are loaded separately into the Keyboard (Pa 900).

Here is the problem:
I am trying to merge/import a UDK (User Drum Kit) from one set to another set (Destination set). I write click/copy the UDK but when I try to paste it to Destination set I get this error message "Missing Sample! No Reference to Sample in PCM".
PC: When I load the same sets separately into the keyboard I don't get any error message.

Am I doing something wrong?
Any help would be appreciated.
Please see screen shot.
Attachments
missing samples.jpg
missing samples.jpg (20.06 KiB) Viewed 26693 times
Admin
Site Admin

Re: No Reference to Sample in PCM

Post by Admin »

Hi,
When I load the same sets separately into the keyboard I don't get any error message.
That's because the keyboard has no way of showing error messages. It simply hides them.
The software is just more powerful which provides more details etc..

Just to double test. On the right side, click on the DK you'd like to copy and then the KEY that gives that notification.
Now copy over the DK to your OWN set and copare the keys. By pressing on the same keys on both sides, are they duplicates?
You will see that your Original SET will show the same message with the one you just copied over.

This simply means the DK itself has some missing references to samples.
What this means is, at some point some samples were deleted from the set, that, that particular KEY had that sample assigned to it.

Best Regards
BRK

Post by BRK »

What this means is, at some point some samples were deleted from the set
If the samples were deleted from the set, it shouldn't load and work correctly in the keyboard. But as I mentioned in my previous post this same set loads and functions correctly in the keyboard without any missing samples. Really confused!
Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It may work on the keyboard cos perhaps that particular key with that samples is not used? Or makes not much of a difference to the overall Beat if one or two samples are missing?

Do you mind zipping up the Set so this can be investigated further? Also please note down any specific DK to test?
You can use weTransfer to upload the SET.
It really means some sample at some certain key has no longer a sample assigned to it.
BRK

Post by BRK »

It really means some sample at some certain key has no longer a sample assigned to it.
Logically I believe your statement, that's why I am confused. Nothing personal or against your program (Pa Manager), I just try to resolve this issue.
Do you mind zipping up the Set so this can be investigated further?
I don't mind to send my set for investigation, with all due respect for you the only thing I need from you, since I paid expensive for this set, I need you to assure me it stays in your hands only for investigation in order to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks for your comprehension.

Question or suggestion:
I really like Pa Manager and I watched the Tutorials video (it's more marketing than educative,except one video) but I was wondering if there is any Help folder (like most of the software) that explains the features of Pa Manger more in detail and practical ways?
That can help a lot and learn more the capability of this software.
Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Logically I believe your statement, that's why I am confused. Nothing personal or against your program (Pa Manager), I just try to resolve this issue.
No worries, Just trying to help too :)
I don't mind to send my set for investigation, with all due respect for you the only thing I need from you, since I paid expensive for this set, I need you to assure me it stays in your hands only for investigation in order to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks for your comprehension.
Ofcourse, anything you send over will be in safe hands and treated for testing purposes. it's best if you email/PM the link of the SET, rather than post a link here.

RE Help Folder:
To be honest, the program is quite easy and straightforward. It simply tries to mimick/replicate the actual Keyboard Screen as much as possible. And this is why it really doesn't have an actual Manual. As you already know, there are the Video Tutorials.
It's simply best to Learn/Read the Keyboard Manual and figure out how the Keyboard operates, then I believe the logic of the program would also make more sense? I hope that all makes sense.

Best Regards
BRK

Post by BRK »

Thanks for your reply.
Please provide an email address to send you the set by DropBox.
Regards.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Email it to: info@korgpamanager.com

And please try/use http://www.wetransfer.com because dropbox sometimes requires an account to download things.
BRK

Post by BRK »

Done. I sent 2 sets and one PDF file to info@korgpamanager.com through WeTransfer.com.
Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

I'll have a deeper look later on, but I just managed to take a quick look.

Clearly, some samples are missing from the SET. For example if you open Set A with the SAMPLE Manager. The first 2 Samples have no sounds assigned to them.

Also have you had a look at this tutorial for merging Styles from sets? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUIR71nPISM

Best Regards