No Reference to Sample in PCM [resolved]

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
BRK

Re: No Reference to Sample in PCM

Post by BRK »

I'll have a deeper look later on, but I just managed to take a quick look.
Thank you and I'll wait for your report, appreciated.
if you open Set A with the SAMPLE Manager. The first 2 Samples have no sounds assigned to them.
I noticed that. Even I checked after reading your post, there are more samples with no sounds assigned to them. I deleted some of them.
I would like to delete all the samples with no sounds assigned to them but I noticed there are a total of 5390 samples and it's tedious to go over 5390 samples and delete them one by one.
Is there any fast and practical way to Delete these non used samples with Korg Pa Manager?
Also have you had a look at this tutorial for merging Styles from sets? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUIR71nPISM
Yes, I've watched it before but I watched it again. By the way I know Sam the guy who made this tutorial through the Korg forum, good job.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,
I noticed that. Even I checked after reading your post, there are more samples with no sounds assigned to them. I deleted some of them.
I would like to delete all the samples with no sounds assigned to them but I noticed there are a total of 5390 samples and it's tedious to go over 5390 samples and delete them one by one.
Is there any fast and practical way to Delete these non used samples with Korg Pa Manager?
There is an option when you right click > Delete > Delete Unused Samples HOWEVER, currently there seems to be a known bug with it, which may cripple your SET! Working on a solution to fix this in the next update, so for now, the best option is to either Delete them one by one, which is a very tedious work, or simply leave them as they are. They do not take space on the SET so nothing to worry about.

Best Regards
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hello,
I was just wondering if you have any news regarding my set. I am still waiting and wishing to finish my project as soon as possible.
Regrads.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I was just wondering if you have any news regarding my set. I am still waiting and wishing to finish my project as soon as possible.
Hi,

I believe it was all outlined in the previous post? You can continue finishing your project.
Or were you expecting me to JOIN the Set's for you?

I'm sorry I think there's been some confusion?

Best Regards
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,
Sorry if there was a confusion. As we talked in the previous posts so I sent you the sets to examine and I attached a PDF file to show what styles give me the error message. And then you mentioned that your are going to have a deeper look. That's why I was waiting.
So just to be clear, I would appreciate it if you can add just one of the Style that gives Error message (For the styles you can refer to the PDF file that I sent with the sets) from the Set.A to Set.B with explanation of the process. That way I can see that I can use and learn the Pa Manager for combining the rest of the styles.
Really Appreciated
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Ok, so I've resent you an example of a New SET C.
This contains the First Block in your PDF.
  • 8: Tamanaye Vesal
    9: Aghasi-ToSafarKr
    10: Barge Khazan-2/4
    13: Miparastam
These Styles along with the necessary SOUNDS/DK's have been imported to Favorite 2, Page 5.

You mention that you get an error when Importing Styles? I don't understand what error? There is no error? Are you referring to the SOUND Manager notice regarding the Unreferenced Samples?

Please Note: Missing Sample Notification is NOT an error. It's just for your information to tell you that some samples have NO references. It's ok, you can still continue copying the sound.

So, download & explore SET C. You will also find a Report which will show which Sounds Have been taken from Set A and their new Location.

Best Regards
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,
Thank you.
I will download and explore the Set C and let you know, really appreciated.
There is no error? Are you referring to the SOUND Manager notice regarding the Unreferenced Samples?
Yes.

Regards
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,
I could combine my styles to a new set with their relative sounds. It worked fine for almost all of them except 2 styles that they do not sound correctly despite of remapping their Users/UserDK. After finishing completely my project (combining 2 sets), I saved it on a flash drive and loaded into the keyboard.
Everything went smooth except I got a message on the keyboard after it finished loading the new set. I attach a screen shot of the message.

Is this message could be related with 2 these style that don't sound correctly?
I would appreciate it if you can help me to import correctly these 2 remaining styles and finishing my project.
Regard
Attachments
error message.jpg
error message.jpg (104.71 KiB) Viewed 25597 times
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Perhaps those 2 Styles are referencing the DK that has some unreferenced samples, which is why you are seeing that notification.
All other Styles work ok, right?

Best Regards
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,
Perhaps those 2 Styles are referencing the DK that has some unreferenced samples
Do you mean these 2 styles are missing some samples? I just precise that these 2 styles play correctly in their relative set without any problem.
All other Styles work ok, right?
Yes, except one style that didn't play the right sound in PERC Track (It was correctly remapped to the right sound according to the Sound Report in Pa Manager) and then in the keyboard I had to replace it with another pretty similar sound and now it sounds correctly.
Thanks.