No Reference to Sample in PCM [resolved]

Discussion about problems you may have with KORG PA Manager.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: No Reference to Sample in PCM

Post by Admin »

Hi,

can you please let me know which Style doesn't sound right?
Also upload the new SET?

Best Regards
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,
I sent you my set and a pdf file listing the 3 styles that have problem to info@korgpamanager.com through WeTransfer.
Best Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Ok, having explored the SETs, I found the problem.

Currently this is already a known bug with Certain old PA1X DK Sounds.
TM.Kit 16, along with most of the SET has Sounds from the PA1X version, despite the SET being a PA3X/900 Set!

So there are currently 2 options.
This problem is fixed and things should work fine with the Next Update, which is coming in the next few weeks.
To resolve the problem now however, you should load the original SET on the keyboard, and re-save each of those DK's by entering the SOUND Mode, choosing the DK and re-saving the SOUND, so the keyboard updates and saves them in the PA3X Format. Save/Export the SET and then you can use the Pa Manager to copy/paste from between sets.

Best Regards
BRK

Post by BRK »

Thanks for confirmation about the bug.
I will check and test your options/suggestion as soon as I can.
This problem is fixed and things should work fine with the Next Update, which is coming in the next few weeks.
This is a good news.

Right now I have some questions about your suggestions before I'll start:
To resolve the problem now however, you should load the original SET on the keyboard... so the keyboard updates and saves them in the PA3X Format.
Q1- Why saving them in the PA3X? Is it a typo? My keyboard is Korg Pa900.

...you should load the original SET on the keyboard
Q2- Do you mean my final set "KMP.C.SET" that I sent it to you today through WeTransfer?

Save/Export the SET and then you can use the Pa Manager to copy/paste from between sets.
Q3- By Save/Export, do you mean Save the Set in a Flash Drive in the keyboard (as usually I do?) and then open it in Pa Manager to combine the 3 remaining styles (from other set) to it?

Q4- I received today a file (KMP-C.SET.rar ) from you through WeTransfer? Is it different from the same file (KMP-C.SET.rar ) that I sent to you today?

Best Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Q1- Why saving them in the PA3X? Is it a typo? My keyboard is Korg Pa900.
I meant anything other than a PA1X :) So PA3X or PA900 will do.
Q2- Do you mean my final set "KMP.C.SET" that I sent it to you today through WeTransfer?
No, Original SET B I think it was. Whichever ORIGINAL SET has those sounds.
Q3- By Save/Export, do you mean Save the Set in a Flash Drive in the keyboard (as usually I do?) and then open it in Pa Manager to combine the 3 remaining styles (from other set) to it?
Yes. Resave the set to a Flash Drive and reOpen it in the PA Manager to now Import those newly saved sounds.
Q4- I received today a file (KMP-C.SET.rar ) from you through WeTransfer? Is it different from the same file (KMP-C.SET.rar ) that I sent to you today?
I haven't sent/uploaded anything to weTransfer today/yesterday. Perhaps it's an email from them again?
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,
To resolve the problem now however, you should load the original SET on the keyboard, and re-save each of those DK's by entering the SOUND Mode, choosing the DK and re-saving the SOUND, so the keyboard updates and saves them in the PA3X Format. Save/Export the SET and then you can use the Pa Manager to copy/paste from between sets.
I applied this suggestion exactly step by step for 3 remaining styles but unfortunately it did Not resolve the problem.
These 3 styles still sound wrong.
FYI: my original set (that has the sounds of 3 remaining styles) is my primary set (loaded in my Pa900) and I perform every week with it about a year without any problem. Actually this original set is the source in my Pa Manager for my project. That means for combining my new set I get the styles with their relative sounds from this set (original set) and save it to a new set (KPM_C.SET).
Best Regards
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,
The bad news is now all of the imported styles sound wrong after trying the suggestion and unfortunately I deleted the previous copy of KMP-C.SET, no back up and I lost hours and days of working in this project,sad!
Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Just to be clear. So you went through all the Sounds DK/s and re-saved them on the keyboard in the SOUND Mode option and saved the Set on a flash drive? So now when you load this new set on the PA Manager, under the DK name does it show version PA900 or still pa1x?
Can you re-upload the new saved SET please?

Also, your work is fine. Your styles are fine. You haven't wasted time.
You will only need to re-Import the DK's again from scratch so that they import correctly.
BRK

Post by BRK »

Hi,
Just to be clear. So you went through all the Sounds DK/s and re-saved them on the keyboard in the SOUND Mode option and saved the Set on a flash drive?
I went through all the Sounds DK of the 3 remaining style that did not sounded correctly and re-saved them on the keyboard in the Sound Mode option and saved the Set on a flash drive. And then after remapping the 3 remaining styles/re saved Styles/DK Sounds, copy it to flash drive. And then when I loaded in the keyboard not onlt the 3 styles did not sound correctly, even the other styles that sounded correctly, this time they did not sound correctly.
PA Manager, under the DK name does it show version PA900 or still pa1x?
Yes it shows correctly PA900. That means I correctly reassigned the sounds (of the 3 remaining styles) correctly in my PA900.
Can you re-upload the new saved SET please?
I'll do.
You will only need to re-Import the DK's again from scratch so that they import correctly.
I know that and this is my concern. Because assigning and remapping User Sounds/UDK take more time than copy/paste the styles.
Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Having explored the set, it seems saving the sounds has not resolved the issue. Although weirdly, on a recent previous occasiin with someone else, that sorted out the problem.

İ guess the last option is to wait a few weeks until the next update or avoid using Pa1X DK's.