Fill 3 and Fill 4 (PA3x)

General discussions related to KORG PA Manager.
Sam

Fill 3 and Fill 4 (PA3x)

Post by Sam »

In the properties window, Fill 3 and Fill 4 for the PA3x are missing.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fill 3 and Fill 4 (PA3x)

Post by Admin »

Sam wrote:In the properties window, Fill 3 and Fill 4 for the PA3x are missing.

No, they're not ?

İs the STYLE a pa3x style ?
Sam

Post by Sam »

I see. I haven't checked a genuine PA3x style yet. I just thought when you choose the Pa3x as target keyboard , the interface should change accordingly because that's what happened in other areas. I would've done the same in this window just to be consistent.

Edit:
I just loaded a PA3x SET. So this is how it works. Fill 3 and Fill 4 are only displayed if the Style in question actually contains any data for them. Here's the issue:

You load "Style Apple" which is fully programmed, so you get all Fills/Breaks in the properties window. Then from the same SET you load "Style Orange" that only has Fill 1.

Fill 1/Fill2/Break are still there. Fill 2 and Break are grayed out of course but Fill 3 and Fill 4 are not there at all.

That's somewhat confusing because Fill 2 and break are treated differently from Fill 3 and 4 ......You know what I mean?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Not confusing at all. It's actually quite straightforward & simple. It behaves depending on your STYLE VERSION.

If the STYLE is a pa1x or pa800 style, then FILL 3/4 Are naturally NOT on the keyboards, so they don't show.

But if it's a PA3X Style, THEN It Shows them anyway, whether they're empty or full. Those buttons are still on the Keyboard no matter if there is actually data on them or not right?

Same concept.
Sam

Post by Sam »

I totally agree with you though I think I was trying to say that just because a Style doesn't have Fill 3 and Fill 4 it doesn't mean it's not a PA3x style. A style could be made on the PA3x keyboard from scratch and still be programmed with 1 or 2 fills. So in this case, it is in fact a PA3x style but not fully programmed. So when you open such a style (there's a lot of user styles like that) what would you see?

1) Fill 1, Fill 2, Fill 3 (grayed out), Fill 4 (grayed out) , Break (grayed out)

or

2) Fill 1, Fill 2, Fill 3 (missing), Fill 4 (missing) , Break (grayed out)

I haven't tried this myself just yet, so will check it out later.