Factory Banks [low priority]

Old posts relating to older versions of the software.

Would you like to Load/Edit Factory Banks ?

Yes
88%
No
No votes
I don't care
13%

Total votes: 8

Nemik

Factory Banks [low priority]

Post by Nemik »

As you know Factory Banks Styles can be overwrite .
I wish program can read them too.
You can leave them protected or not. but many users can use this report , even for checking how is done ;)
My few sets has factory banks loaded in different styles.
Right now only way to see them is copy set to different folder, delete users and favorite banks, then on loading style remap to fav or users.
I try not to delete them before, but won't work, Example: I try load instead all factory using remap option, but they was overwrite by fav and users, only stay where bank was empty (not included is set)
BTW this is bug :!: :!: (first ask to remap, then overwrite itself, should load first, then if find in folder BANKxx.sty files ask for remap :shock: )
Also another bug: when you got loaded already set Pa2x/PA800 (Pa800 has only 10 Fav) and try to load PA3x set, first is asking for remap (showing 12 Favorites on Style Remap form), then after you pass this tell you set is PA3X and ask for apply for it.....but even if you not click Apply (close window) is changing Target Keyboard. :roll:
If you trying in this process remap to Fav 11 or Fav 12,....program crash. :!:
my point view: most people when they like jazz, they wants most jazz style instead rap or dance styles, they customize their sets, why not using Factory??, factory has many empty banks.
You can even rename them locally :o
You should have Factory Banks in report too :)
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Factory Banks

Post by Admin »

Right now only way to see them is copy set to different folder, delete users and favorite banks, then on loading style remap to fav or users.
They way you're loading them currently is correct. You can remap them to the User/Fav Banks.

Also another bug: when you got loaded already set Pa2x/PA800 (Pa800 has only 10 Fav) and try to load PA3x set, first is asking for remap (showing 12 Favorites on Style Remap form), then after you pass this tell you set is PA3X and ask for apply for it.....but even if you not click Apply (close window) is changing Target Keyboard. :roll:
If you trying in this process remap to Fav 11 or Fav 12,....program crash.
Will investigate....
my point view: most people when they like jazz, they wants most jazz style instead rap or dance styles, they customize their sets, why not using Factory??, factory has many empty banks. You can even rename them locally :o You should have Factory Banks in report too
There has been requests before to support Factory Banks, but the philosophy is Factory Banks are Factory banks and created in the Factory.

User / Favorite Styles are made by the User + When you create a SET from the keyboard it will only save User / Fav Styles, not Factory Banks, so that's the logic behind it all.

Fore now, this is on low priority. :idea:
Nemik

Re: Factory Banks

Post by Nemik »

Admin wrote:
They way you're loading them currently is correct. You can remap them to the User/Fav Banks.
Please double check this too, I did try many times.
Nemik wrote:I try not to delete them before, but won't work, Example: I try load instead all factory using remap option, but they was overwrite by fav and users, only stay where bank was empty (not included is set)
Admin wrote:There has been requests before to support Factory Banks, but the philosophy is Factory Banks are Factory banks and created in the Factory.

User / Favorite Styles are made by the User + When you create a SET from the keyboard it will only save User / Fav Styles, not Factory Banks, so that's the logic behind it all.
Sorry my friend, but you wrong, you can save them in factory banks after you unlock protection in global.
Factory Banks can and should be used for custom styles, why waste free space there. ;)
I do understand your priority , is nothing wrong with set this to low, but maybe try to set a pool and we see what other will say it about :)

PS. Nobody say you must do, is still ideas Forum 8-)
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Factory Banks [low priority]

Post by Admin »

Poll enabled.. :)
Nemik

Post by Nemik »

so far looks like we going to have Factory banks included in future version. 8-)
Gerd

Post by Gerd »

Would appreciate Factory Banks a higher priority.

Gerd
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This has now been included as of v1.2 [quite some time ago]
Erik

Post by Erik »

Yes, the editing function factory banks need, there are a lot of empty seats, without it uncomfortable. If possible, do this function.