KST - Style voice list

Feature Request | Share Ideas | Help Improve KORG PA Manager
valimaties

KST - Style voice list

Post by valimaties »

Hi.
Right now I have an issue: I've copied a style from another KST to my KST, using the option to copy all sounds involved, Kbd sets and Pads as well. But after I save my KST containing the new style I don't want to load all the KST in my PA5X. I want to load only the style, the voices which this style needs, Kbd Set and Pads. I wonder if you can display a list with positions of sounds used by a style, Kbd sets and Pads. Maybe in the context menu of the style item to insert this option. It will be faster for us to know which content is used for a certain style and which is the position of each content used.

Thanks.

Sorry for the edit screenshot quality, it was made fast with paint 😁
Admin
Site Admin

Re: KST - Style voice list

Post by Admin »

Hi,

That's already possible if you load the KST on to the RIGHT SIDE.
Then right click on a style and select show size.
valimaties

Post by valimaties »

Ok, thanks, I will try it.
However, it's not annoying to load the same KST twice to have the function available? :roll:
So, I have to load the KSTwhich contains the style I want, copy the style to my KST, save my KST and after that reload the KST in the right side to get the function?! Why not in the main window where I copied the style?
But first of all I need to try it to see the results.

Cheers.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Rather than loading the KST twice, choose the NEW KST option to start off with a blank canvas, then load the KST.
It is a little pointless to have this feature on the left side of PA Manager.

The main scenario is to find out the size of tings, BEFORE we copy it over to our main KST right. That's why it makes sense to be available on the right side only.
valimaties

Post by valimaties »

It is no pointless, at all. And think about it, giving you the right example with the latest picture in this bug report post:

In the right part of this picture is the report of original style (it is from the KST loaded in the right part from which I want to copy the style).
In the left part of this picture is the report after I copied the style to my KST, saved the KST and reloaded in the right part, because only there is available the function. As you can see, excepting that some of the sounds was changed (I see this as a bug, that is why I post in the thread linked above), the position of the copied sounds is other than the original one, and it is normal to be like that.
So, my question is, why do I have to save my KST and reload it in right part to be able to see the position of sounds used in style? I need that function in the left part, to see right after I copied the style, to see which is the new position. Why this is pointless?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

The other easier option to view which Sounds are being used by that Style, is to do a STYLE Report.
Double Click or Right click on a Style > Properties and on the right side you'll find a REPORT Button, which will show you all the sounds that are being used.

Or you can always load a separate PA Manager which would be used for SOUND SIZE checking only.

Or if we do have enough requests, we might consider adding it to the left side also.