Make Identifying and Removing Unused Sounds Easy

Feature Request | Share Ideas | Help Improve KORG PA Manager
hobypop

Make Identifying and Removing Unused Sounds Easy

Post by hobypop »

As you know, many Korg keyboards come with small memories. Korg Pa Manager makes it easy to add or copy over styles and sounds into a set, but it's not good yet with hadeling removing styles and sounds.

What I would love to see happening when deleting a style/sts/sound, is that PA Manager checks the used resources of this style/sts/sound and see if it's used in any other style/sts/sound. If not, then to notify my and ask me if I want to delete these resources as they're not used by any style/sts/sound.

Or at least, to add a report generation feature to return a list of unused resources in the keyboard. i.e. Sounds not assigned to any STSs, or unused Drum Kits, or PCMs not used in any sounds. This way I can make a decision if I want to keep them, assign them, or simply go and delete them manually.

This feature would make PA manager complete. I really think you should consider it!

Regards
Ehab
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Make Identifying and Removing Unused Sounds Easy

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Such thing may happen in future versions, but for now this is too involved.
For example, let's say you Deleted a Style/Sound and it check if all Styles are using this sound or not. Perhaps on other style is, but what if a Performance or a Pad is using this sound? Maybe a solution will be available in the future, but the easiest option for now, is to simply make a NEW SET and Add all the Styles that you need.
That way only what's needed is taken and all unused is left.
Musicville

Post by Musicville »

Yes, identifying (and deleting) unused multisamples would be very handy!!! Creating a NEW SET and copying styles is pretty much a workaround...
abolkhil

Post by abolkhil »

Musicville is correct, we are in version 4 now and still you can not really “manage” a set on its own. you always have to save the set then open back in sample manager to view samples and then delete then. save then open i donno where. all the functionalities seems like seperate apps rather than one full software.

must be able to manage a set all included, open set, see performances styles and sounds etc... moving sounds automatically remaps to new sound location which helps organize sets.

i would love to see when creating new sets rhat the sounds being moved start filling the next empty sound location instead of throwing it in the original location. thus filling up sounds banks one by one instead of them being scattered all over the place and many empty slots in user 1 and a couple full, then a couple full in user 2 one in page 1 and one in page six and so on. this is not really a set organizer/manager but rather more like a set creator.

i like the set manager of v4 but honestly it is not worth the upgrade, doesnt add lots of functionality.

keep up the good work, hopefully we will reach a nice software at some point fully features and inclusive
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hey,

Not sure if you've explored v4 yet cos all the features that you mention are available with the new SET Manager?
abolkhil

Post by abolkhil »

Hi there. i did explore.
ok so i am creating a new set and copying a soundset thqt uses USERSOUND 2 page 3 for example. will the user sound be copied to USERSOUND1 page 1 slot 1? and then the next copied usersound no matter where it is it should be copied to usersound 1 page 1 slot 2 and so on.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

abolkhil wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 02:24 Hi there. i did explore.
ok so i am creating a new set and copying a soundset thqt uses USERSOUND 2 page 3 for example. will the user sound be copied to USERSOUND1 page 1 slot 1? and then the next copied usersound no matter where it is it should be copied to usersound 1 page 1 slot 2 and so on.
KPM will first check if the ORIGINAL Location is occupied or not. For example, if what you're copying is: US2, P3, it will try to copy to US2, P3 if it's empty. If there's another sound in there, that's when it'll start finding an EMPTY new slot starting from page 1, slot 1
vladojko

Post by vladojko »

The software is unique as there is no other tool existing that can manage sounds on Korg keyboards. But I believe that it is quite poorly designed and not made to be user friendly.

For example, when copying from one set to another i have to copy page by page, can't select 2-3 pages at the same time.
If I load PA4X set of 250 MB and want quickly to identify biggest samples/multisamples to delete in order to reduce the size for loading into PA700, that is not possible, I have to dig manually and check sample by sample. Why don;t you have extra column in multisample view showing sample size and allow us to sort by that column

We still can't identify unused samples and quickly remove them.

I would suggest you get in touch with someone who is expert in software UI design and application architecture and make v5 of the app which will be fully usable.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

thanks for you review. We will take it into account.