Editing ROM Sample names

Old posts relating to older versions of the software.
midimusa

Editing ROM Sample names

Post by midimusa »

Hello.

Can You in future make possible to change the ROM sample names (and indexes)?
Right now the sample numbers and names are totally different regarding the Manager and my PA600 (V1.20), and maybe Korg will do more upgradings.
It can be a (Export, import a list) cfg, ini, or txt (what ever) file that is editable, so i can change the names of the samples.

Here is one Multisamle Table (Thanks Rick Stirling who is uploaded that one) - that list fits with my PA600 ROM (not drum) samples.
It includes a PA4X ROM sample names as well.
PA_MultiSamples.rar
Extraction from Korg User Manuals by Rick Stirling Nov 2, 2015
(35.28 KiB) Downloaded 1517 times
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Editing ROM Sample names

Post by Admin »

Hi,

The Database KORG PA Manager uses is exactly the same as in the provided list, which is the actual list from the Manual.
Right now the sample numbers and names are totally different regarding the Manager and my PA600 (V1.20)
Just to make sure, have you selected the Keyboard Model / Environment Mode to PA600 when you load the SET?
midimusa

Post by midimusa »

No. It Is Not!!!
For more. There was no any changes in that list.
Is that possible to bring it out, peronally i think it is better way to give the people let customize their samples banks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What's happening is, the Keyboard has an 'internal re-mapping table' of which the PA Manager has no access to.
So although a ROM Sample 233 is an Accordion on a 3X , 233 is a trumpet on the pa600. But the keyboard knows this and remaps it internally when you select the sound.